Speed monitoring can be used as an effective way to increase traffic safety. The LMS511 2D LiDAR sensor is integrated in the crash barrier and is nearly imperceptible to road users. The raw data collected by the sensor is used to calculate speed. If the highest permitted speed is exceeded, a camera is actuated. The LMS511 has a maximum scanning frequency of 100 Hz and generates a high number of measuring points to accurately calculate the vehicle speed. It is not sensitive to environmental influences such as rain, snow, or sleet. Using the time-of-flight measurement principle, the LMS511 cannot be manipulated by external radiation sources, mirrors, etc.
- Powerful, efficient 2D LiDAR sensor for measuring ranges up to 80 m
- Excellent performance even under unfavorable weather conditions due to multi-echo technology
- Compact housing up to enclosure rating IP 67 and integrated heating for outdoor devices
- Low power consumption
- Quick signal processing
- Several inputs and outputs
- Synchronization of several sensors possible