When a vehicle travels over the stop line of a traffic light on a red, a picture is taken immediately to document the violation. The LMS511 2D LiDAR sensor detects vehicles behind the stop line quickly and reliably even across multiple lanes. The sensor then sends a signal to trigger the camera. The LMS511 is not sensitive to environmental influences such as rain, snow, or sleet. False alarms are therefore virtually eliminated. Using the time-of-flight measurement principle, the LMS511 cannot be manipulated by external radiation sources, mirrors, etc. The 2D LiDAR sensor is easily and inexpensively mounted above the road. Compared to using induction loops, this solution has the advantage that no new loops have to be laid when resurfacing the road.
- Powerful, efficient 2D LiDAR sensor for measuring ranges up to 80 m
- Excellent performance even under unfavorable weather conditions due to multi-echo technology
- Compact housing up to enclosure rating IP 67 and integrated heating for outdoor devices
- Low power consumption
- Quick signal processing
- Several inputs and outputs
- Synchronization of several sensors possible