To regulate tunnel ventilation, the speed and direction of airflow in the tunnel must be measured: during normal operation and especially in the case of a fire. The FLOWSIC200 tunnel sensor measures flow velocity without contact over the entire length of the tunnel. This ensures detection of airflow through the entire tunnel cross section is much more reliable than for selective measurement systems. The membrane of the ultrasonic transducer and the housing of the FLOWSIC200 are made of metal. Compared to tunnel sensors made of plastic, metal allows use at higher temperatures. Versions from SICK with a stainless steel housing and a titanium transducer are maintenance-free for at least five years.
- Very large measuring distances possible
- Non-contact measurement
- Extremely rugged components made of titanium, stainless steel, or die cast
- Versions for very corrosive tunnel atmospheres
- Determination of flow direction
- No mechanical moving parts