The conveyor belt speed needs to be determined for accurate control of the transport distance between packages. This is necessary in a variety of machines. Potato chips are fed into the machine from above. The packing film is removed from a roll, shaped, and sealed.A conveyor belt then transports the packaged product to the following process step.The transport speed determines the distance between the packages and, therefore, the process clock.
A DFS60 incremental encoder, which is fitted directly to one of the conveyor belt shafts, records the speed of the belt in order to control the distance between products.The encoder is available with the TTL and HTL interfaces and as a programmable variant.
- Short installation depth
- High resolution of up to 16 bits
- Optional programming: Output voltage, zero pulse position, zero impulse width, pulse number and counting direction
- Connection: Radial or axial cable connection, M23 or M12 male connector, axial or radial.
- Electrical interfaces: 5 V & 24 V TTL/RS-422, 24 V HTL/push pull, 5 V sin/cos 1 Vss
- Mechanical interfaces: Face mount flange or servo flange, blind hollow shaft or through hollow shaft
- Remote zero set possible